Whether you’ve had your travel plans postponed, want to use any extra free time to finally start planning that dream trip, or are simply looking for a new way to while away an afternoon, we’ve put together a guide to some of the top virtual resources available to help you visit Korea from home. Nothing beats an authentic, tangible travel experience, but for now, we hope this list will remotely immerse you in some of the best things Korea has to offer – as well as offer inspiration for your next trip, once actual travel becomes an option again.
All of these resources can be enjoyed via your phone or computer. Be sure to share your favourite virtual discoveries with us using the hashtag #VisitKoreaFromHome!
1. Take a VR tour of Korea’s top wellness spots
Did you know you can explore all of our top recommended wellness destinations in 360 VR? Now you do! Simply head to our special Wellness VR website, look on the map to find a destination that interests you, then start exploring.
2. Take an 8k video tour of Seoul
Immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of Korea’s bustling capital with these ultra HD, ASMR videos from Visit Seoul!
3. Explore Seoul’s parks in VR
You can also fly through some of Seoul’s beautiful outdoor spaces thanks to Visit Seoul’s VR playlist!
4. Take a video tour of Jeju Island’s top sights
Visit Jeju’s video library is another great resource if you just want to relax with some relaxing drone footage of beautiful landscapes. But this isn’t all it has to offer – you can also learn everything you need to know ahead of visiting the island, from how to use the local buses to how to go diving with the haenyeo (traditional women free divers)!
5. Browse the KTO Photo Gallery for inspiration
We have an extensive photo gallery filled with breathtaking images from every corner of Korea. Whether you want to check out the amazing winners of our annual photo contest, or perhaps challenge yourself to discover some new, previously unknown spots to add to your must-visit list, the collection of thousands of photos is likely to keep you entertained for hours.
6. Explore the neighbourhoods of Seoul
Visit Seoul has a great overview of each of the city’s major neighbourhoods. Why not spend some time reading up on what each has to offer, from shopping and attractions to events and entertainment, so you can find the best place to stay when you visit?
7. Get inspired with stories from our travel bloggers
Read the first-hand experiences of our KTO London travel bloggers for some top tips on making the most of your time in Korea.
8. Download our guidebooks and start planning your next trip
9. Download the Visit Korea app so you’re ready for your next trip!
The free Visit Korea app brings together maps, articles, recommendations, coupons and more to help you prepare for your trip. Download it now and start bookmarking everything you want to do!
- Visit Korea From Home 07 April 2020
- PARASITE social media giveaway - terms & conditions 25 February 2020
- Competition winner Alva’s trip to Seoul 14 January 2019
- 11 of Korea's best autumn hiking spots 19 September 2018
- 10 reasons why South Korea should be top of your gap year destination list 02 September 2018