10 REASONS TO CHOOSE KOREAKorea is one of the most spirited and colorful countries in the world. In the short time following its dramatic and impressive development, it has managed to maintain the delicate balance between preserving its impressive history and tradition whilst embracing all the conveniences and technology of the modern world. Korea is a destination designed to meet your business needs and leisure experiences. As a top convention destination, it offers world-class MICE infrastructure, a safe and sustainable meeting location, a variety of unique sights and experiences provided by Korea’s MICE cities, and much more.
- Outstanding Infrastructure
- Unique Experiences
- Professional Expertise
1. TOP CONVENTION DESTINATIONRanking 1st in the UIA Global Meetings Statistics in 2017, Korea is the top preferred destination for international events. Our record involves successful hosting of large-scale conventions, corporate meetings, high-level meetings and incentive travel.
Find out more >
|2010||G20 Seoul Summit (≈10,000 delegates)|
|2011||Baojian Incentive (10,860 delegates)|
|2012||Seoul Nuclear Security Summit(≈10,000 delegates)|
|2013||World Energy Congress (6,176 delegates)|
|2014||Amway International (17,556 delegates)|
|2016||Rotary International Convention (44,607 delegates)|
|2017||UIA Seoul World Architects Congress (10,118 delegates)|
2017 Ranks No.1 Union of International Association
2. WORLD’S MOST INNOVATIVE COUNTRYKorea has a great pool of industry experts and innovators. It obtained the highest score, 89.9% in the latest Bloomberg innovative index.* Korea incorporates new technology and ideas to improve meeting productivity, knowledge, and experience.
Bloomberg 2018 Innovation Index
|2018 Rank||2017 Rank||YoY Change||Economy||Total Score||R&D Intensity||Manufacturing value-added||Productivity||High-tech Density||Tertiary Efficiency||Researcher Concentration||Patent Activity|
3. EASY AND CONVENIENT ACCESSKorea is easily accessible from most major international cities providing convenience and a strategic advantage to MICE planners in search of a location compatible with their business. More so, delegates arriving at Incheon International Airport will enjoy the comfort and luxury of the World’s Best Airport.* Korea is the ideal place to experience different attractions in a short span of time.
Incheon International Airport Learn more >
Time Winner of the Airport Service Quality
How to get to the city
PLANE 9 international airports, 7 domestic airports
TRAIN High-speed train (KTX) connected to Incheon Int'l Airport and major cities
BUS Round the clock express and intercity buses
How to get around the city
SUBWAY 6 metropolitan cities, foreigner-friendly, average fare of 1 USD
BUS Extensive routes, average fare of 1 USD
TAXI Readily available, reasonably priced
* Airport Service Quality Award, 12th consecutive year
4. OUTSTANDING MICE INFRASTRUCTUREKorea’s convention complexes are able to meet your demand with its wide-range of venue choices. Also, enjoy Korea’s super-fast internet connection and seamless IT infrastructure to take your business events to the next level.
World-class Convention Centers > Modern & Traditional Unique Venues >
Fastest average internet connection in the world
Free Wi-Fi in public areas including airports, subways, etc
No. 1 country in UN ICT Development Index
5. SAFE AND SUSTAINABLEKorea has an excellent record in public safety and security. Business travelers can walk around freely and enjoy a vibrant nightlife in Korea without worrying about their safety. Korea fortifies the quality of life with high standards in public health & environment. The country’s energy efficient working environment makes sustainable meetings possible.
24/7 Worry-free Travel
Low Crime Rates
COEX, first in Asia to be Gold certified by EarthCheck
Songdo Convensia, first LEED Certified convention center in Asia
Paperless system at venues, walkable cities, pleasant neighborhoods
6. ATTRACTIVE & SPECIALIZED MICE CITIESRegional attractions add to the colorful spectrum of Korea’s MICE Destination with their unique charm. Each locale has a specialized industry, making it even more appealing together with its beautiful convention centers equipped with modern facilities. Organizers can choose the destination that best suits their needs and preferences.
7. TRADITIONAL CHARMS AND TRENDSETTING CULTUREWith over 5000 years of history, Korea is a country full of vibrant colors and positive energy. Following its miraculous development over the last 50 years, Korea is now a modernized nation that maintains its traditional culture. Korea offers meeting planners and delegates a spectacle of world heritage sites, picturesque nature and urban landscapes. A handful of unique experiences, ranging from shopping to team building activities, awaits business travelers too.
8. FLAVORFUL AND NOURISHING KOREAN CUISINETaste the true flavor of Korea as you explore and enjoy various attractions. Korean cuisine, Hansik, is gaining much attention in the global culinary trend thanks to its delicious flavor, health benefits, and even aesthetic value. From the traditional Kimchi & Bibimbap, to the pop-culture inspired Chimaek (chicken & beer) & Korean BBQ - make sure not to miss this delicious journey in Korea!
9. HIGHLY CUSTOMIZABLE SUPPORT PROGRAMSThe Korea MICE Bureau offers associations and corporate groups generous and highly customizable support to successfully host international meetings and business events in Korea. Enjoy tons of benefits such as complimentary banquet for delegates, cultural programs and tours, performances, high quality Korean souvenirs, and more.
International Conventions Support International association hosting a conference in Korea with over 100 overseas attendees Learn more >
Incentives Support Groups of employees sent by their corporation or institutions to visit Korea as a reward Learn more >