Back in the summer of 2018, we launched an online competition asking entrants why they wanted to #VisitKorea. There were lots of prizes up for grabs including a trip for two to Seoul, and we received thousands of entries. It was wonderful to read the huge variety of reasons why everyone wanted to travel to Korea, but unfortunately there could only be one grand prize winner – and that winner was Alva from Sweden! She decided to visit Seoul with her father, and they went on their trip in October, taking in some of the city’s top attractions and even fitting in a spot of hiking.
Alva said the following about her trip:
‘As 2018 began I never could have imagined that I would get to travel to the country of my dreams; much less that the trip would be given to me by the Korean Tourism Organisation. Now I suddenly have a whole bunch of new and amazing memories. This trip has been an overall breathtaking experience and I’m so incredibly grateful for being given this opportunity. It truly was the travel of my dreams.’
She was also kind enough to send us some of her photos to share with everyone. Check them out below!
- Visit Korea From Home 07 April 2020
- PARASITE social media giveaway - terms & conditions 25 February 2020
- Competition winner Alva’s trip to Seoul 14 January 2019
- 11 of Korea's best autumn hiking spots 19 September 2018
- 10 reasons why South Korea should be top of your gap year destination list 02 September 2018